Butterick B6382, Semi-fitted, lined jacket has neckline, pocket, sleeve and length variations.
Sewing level: Easy
Fabrics: Tweed, Gabardine, Bouclé and Linen.
Notions: Fringes, Braid or Trims, interfacing and lining fabrics.
- Nice Easy sewing pattern as a great starter to create the French jacket. The longer versions (Model B and D) are perfect to create a chique garment for business or gala as well.
- Easy pattern. Good instructions.
- The jackets are intended to be worn open or loosely, therefore be sure to use a firmer tweed or garbadine.
- Perfect model to vary and being creative with trims, bindings and fringes.
A little less POSITIVE:
- Be careful the jacket does not look too cheap.
- The model has little shape and no waist.
- The neckline is very low cut in model A and B.
- Model D might be a nice comfy jacket, but does not look as we want it.
- Sleeves are easy to make but show little shape and class.